Thursday, June 12, 2008

Uncle Bill

A week ago my Uncle Bill (aka William Donovan, Uncle Bill the lawyer, Dr. Donovan, Donovan, Dad, Wild Bill, Keeper of the Beat) passed away. His death has really done a number on those that loved him...he was such an inspiration. He taught me how to Argentine Tango and recently we were scrapping along trying to learn Spanish. He always cut to chase, helped whenever asked, was the life of a party and always told those around him how much they were loved. I feel compelled to post a few pictures of him...


A random picture taken while I was taking ones for his almost realized Argentine Tango website. He, at one point, was fixing to teach tango in Tacoma with me as his partner. I was honored he asked me.
This was his entry "outfit" for our "Most Ugly Christmas Sweater" contest last Christmas, 2007. You actually can not see the nativity scene that is strapped to his waist in this pic...but it was there! He didn't win (one of his daughters, Cortney, did) all because he had to plug in his lights where as Cortney was free to flit.

A drawing I did about him, called "Will". That is Uncle Bill playing the bass (with a full band) in Drew's "Husband Land" right after we moved into our Gig Harbor beach house.

I miss him much.

No comments: